What is World Health Day?
The anniversary of the WHO (World Health Organization) foundation in 1948 is celebrated annually on World Health Day. of. One of the first official things that the group did was celebrate the day. The first time the day was marked was on July 22, 1949. After some time, in 1950, the date was moved forward to April 7.
Every year, The World Health Organization (WHO) brings attention to a health issue that affects people worldwide and makes that the theme of World Health Day. World Health Day theme shifts between years according to the most recent concerning issue, such as the theme of 2022,Our Planet, Our Health.
World Health Day Quick Overview
- Time / Date: April 7
- Category: Health
- Where It’s Marked: Around the Globe.
- Why It's Marked: World Health Day focuses on a special topic important to health and medicine chosen by the World Health Organization.
History of World Health Day
World Health Day, which celebrates the birthday of the World Health Organization, is an annual occasion for the organization to raise awareness about a topic that has a significant impact on global health.
WHO held its first World Health Assembly in 1948. Two years later, it was chosen to observe April 7 as World Health Day. This day not only commemorates the foundation of the WHO but also raises awareness of healthcare worldwide.
In addition to World Health Day, the WHO supports a number of other health causes. These include World Hepatitis Day, World No Tobacco Day, World Malaria Day, World AIDS Day, World Tuberculosis Day,World Food Safety Day, World Chagas Disease Day, and World Blood Donor Day.
The World Health Organization also promotes other health-related days, such as World Hand Hygiene Day, World Patient Safety Day, and World Suicide Prevention Day.
How to Celebrate World Health Day
There is no conventional way of celebrating World Health Day. World Health Day activities include speeches; marches in the streets; conferences that are accessible or free; screenings for diseases; briefings for heads of state; exhibits for kids and adults, free medical checkups, and more.
A lack of access to social and unfavorable living conditions. Migrants, as is the case in many other situations, may be particularly vulnerable to the direct and indirect consequences of climate change on their health because of a lack of access to social and unattractive living conditions, difficult working conditions, health services, restricted access to rights, and different levels of integration into host communities.
Many people who have been forced to leave their homes due to environmental degradation, climate change, or natural disasters have special medical needs due to their experiences.
The Global Compacts for Migration and Refugees (United Nations General Assembly, 2018) and Sustainable Development Goal 3 of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (SDG 3) state that "ensuring healthy lives and promoting well-being for all" is an urgent priority, highlighting robust and migrant-inclusive health systems are required now more than ever.
On World Health Day 2022, WHO brought together two of the most prominent aspects of life, Health and the Planet, by arranging a seminar on Visions and Voices of a Healthy Planet.
WHO has gathered healthcare professionals and artists from many genres who understand the connection between planetary and human health in this spirit. Medical professionals recommend visits to natural settings to boost energy and lessen stress and anxiety. To foster awareness, conversation, imaginative action, and a sense of reconnection, artists use the arts' transformative power.
World Health Day is not only about physical well-being but also takes care of our mental health by publishing a guide on doing what matters in times of stress.
Countries that observe World Health Day:
World Health Day is celebrated around the globe by countries around the world. People all over the world take part in different health-related activities to celebrate the day.
Interesting Facts about World Health Day
- The theme of World Health Day changes every year.
- Depression is at the top of the list of the primary factors contributing to bad health and comes first.
- Halloween costs more in the United States than malaria does worldwide in a year.
- The Pradhan Mantri Atmanirbhar Swasth Bharat Yojana (PMASBY) was introduced by the Indian Prime Minister to bolster India's vital healthcare system.
Unique World Health Day Celebration Ideas
Though World Health Day is not an official holiday, the day can be celebrated with the utmost enthusiasm! It can be enjoyed alone, with family, with friends, or even at the workplace.
1. At Home
If you plan to spend World Health Day at home, here are a few ideas to make your day healthy and mindful!
- Be active!
- A fantastic way to honor this day is to take on a healthy and clean eating challenge or commitment. Promise to eat wholesome foods on World Health Day, and remember that it's never too late to start!
- Participate in seminars about health, global health care, public health, and information and understand the problems from root to branch.
- Donate to the cause to take a step toward achieving healthcare equality worldwide.
- Plant a tree for the better health of our planet.
2. In the Workplace
Wondering what World Health Day activities to undertake at work? Here are a few ideas:
- Allow your coworkers to share their health resolutions.
- Organize health and fitness seminars at the office and inspire everyone to participate. Make it virtual for working from-home employees.
- Ask employees to share their favorite healthy fitness meal recipes!
- Keep some light fitness equipment in your office to motivate employees.
- Check your coworker’s knowledge of calories and healthy habits by arranging a health quiz!
- Share your favorite workout and get to know about others!
3. For Kids
Spreading the word to kids entertainingly and engagingly is just as vital as promoting good health. To make sure the discussion on health is not dull and uninteresting, here are some activities you can participate in together:
- Encourage your kids to pick whole foods rather than junk food.
- Instill the value of personal hygiene in your children.
- Having a session of yoga can boost both mental and physical energy!
- Watch health documentaries with your kids.
- A fun idea to inspire kids to eat more fruits and vegetables is to have an art and craft session where they can make their favorite foods and vegetables.
World Health Day Quotes
World Health Day is not only about celebrating a day by doing healthy activities. It is about being conscious of health and engaging in mindful activities. Quotes related to both physical and mental fitness can come to your aid!
"Be at ease without disease!"
"Prevention is better than cure."
"You don't have to be positive all the time. It's perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, annoyed, frustrated, scared, or anxious. Having feelings doesn't make you a 'negative person.' It makes you human. Lori Deschesne" - Lori Deschene
1. What is the WHO Symbol?
The WHO symbol is the UN logo displayed on the crest, which is a staff with a snake coiling around it.
2. Why is there a snake on the WHO symbol?
The snake has long represented medicine and the medical field. Snakes have been a symbol of healing for centuries.
3. Why is there a World Health Day?
World Health Day addresses a recent topic of concern for people worldwide and teaches us how to deal with it.
World Health Day Observances
|2021||Wednesday||07 April||World Health Day|
|2022||Thursday||07 April||World Health Day|
|2023||Friday||07 April||World Health Day|
|2024||Sunday||07 April||World Health Day|
|2025||Monday||07 April||World Health Day|
|2026||Tuesday||07 April||World Health Day|
We constantly update the dates of holidays that keep changing every year. However, while we revise and change some dates to be accurate, if you find any errors, kindly inform us . That will mean a lot to us.