The When Work Works Awards program is a site-based award. For employers with more than one location, it is the local worksite that applies for the award. Separate employer applications must be submitted if multiple worksites wish to be considered. See below for eligibility requirements:
1) A minimum of 10 employees must work at or report to the U.S. worksite applying for the Award.
- The definition of an employee includes all employees who receive a W-2 form, whether they are full time, part time, travel frequently or work remotely as long as they report to the worksite for supervision or goal setting. It does not include contract workers, consultants and interns for whom you do not withhold federal income tax from paychecks.
2) The organization must have been in operation in the U.S. for at least one year.
3) All worksites must have a designated liaison to complete the employer application, coordinate employee surveys (i.e., provide employee email list) and respond to notifications.
- If you have more than one location, you will need to complete a separate application for each site. A single liaison may fulfill this function for multiple worksites.
- To change the liaison, email WhenWorkWorks@shrm.org.
Posted in: Workplace Awards