Workplace Awards (10)
We are happy to provide you some guidance or clarify any questions you may have. Simply email us at WhenWorkWorks@shrm.org.
If for some reason you are experiencing some technical problems, try closing your browser and start again. You may also consider using a different browser. If this does not correct the problem, contact us via email and describe the problem you encountered. Whenever possible, email us a screenshot of the page you are having difficulty with.
We are glad that you have decided to apply again. Please note the following:
- We do not retain login information or responses from previous award cycles.
- We modify our application forms to stay current for each cycle; therefore, it is not necessary to look at your previous application form.
- If you would like to keep a copy of your application, please be sure to print a copy before you submit your final responses. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to provide you a copy of your application after the cycle is over.
- Everyone needs to register and fill out a new award application for each worksite applying for this cycle’s When Work Works Award. Once you have completed the registration process you will be automatically forwarded to the login screen for the application which will include detailed instructions on the application process.
- To register click here. To go to the login screen and complete your online application form, click here.
- If you have any questions email WhenWorkWorks@shrm.org. To view the program details, click here.
The When Work Works (WWW) Award provides companies a unique opportunity to showcase effective and flexible workplace strategies, empowering your organization to rise above the competition.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons to Apply for a WWW Award.
Your organization will receive …
10. A brand boost
9. Customer awareness that you are an employer of choice
8. A tool to recruit, develop and retain top talent
7. Membership in a vibrant and engaging network of organizations
6. Increased media visibility
5. Employee appreciation that an effective and flexible workplace is a priority
4. National and local recognition as a winner
3. Inclusion in a searchable database of When Work Works Award winners, the goto
source for media, the business community and job candidates
2. A free benchmarking report to find out what you’re already doing right or how far
you still need to go
1. The opportunity to stand out from the competition
To view the program details, please click here.
The When Work Works Awards program is a site-based award. For employers with more than one location, it is the local worksite that applies for the award. Separate employer applications must be submitted if multiple worksites wish to be considered. See below for eligibility requirements:
1) A minimum of 10 employees must work at or report to the U.S. worksite applying for the Award.
- The definition of an employee includes all employees who receive a W-2 form, whether they are full time, part time, travel frequently or work remotely as long as they report to the worksite for supervision or goal setting. It does not include contract workers, consultants and interns for whom you do not withhold federal income tax from paychecks.
2) The organization must have been in operation in the U.S. for at least one year.
3) All worksites must have a designated liaison to complete the employer application, coordinate employee surveys (i.e., provide employee email list) and respond to notifications.
- If you have more than one location, you will need to complete a separate application for each site. A single liaison may fulfill this function for multiple worksites.
- To change the liaison, email WhenWorkWorks@shrm.org.
There is no fee to apply or receive the benchmarking report for the 2016-2017 Where Work Works Award cycle.
I already registered and created my login details. How do I return to the employer application form?
If at any point you need to close your application and come back later, you can always log back in using your email address, username and the password you created for this award cycle.
Reminder: If you applied in the past, the procedure has not changed. You need to create new login credentials for each award cycle.
To go to the login screen and complete your online application form, click here.
How long does it take for the employers to complete the application (Round 1)? How long does it take for the employees to complete the survey (Round 2)?
Round 1: The employer application takes about 25 minutes to complete online. As long as you do not officially submit your responses at the end, you may modify your responses until the deadline date. Simply close your browser and log back in to change your responses.
Round 2: If you are a finalist, you will be invited to participate in this round. The employee survey takes about 25 minutes to complete online.
If you registered this year and cannot recall your login information, please email WhenWorkWorks@shrm.org. Be sure to provide us with your name and email address you used to create your login details.
However, if you are a past applicant (prior to 2015) please note that the procedure has not changed. We do not keep your login credentials after the award cycle is over. Please register again each year.
If you need to modify your online employer application after you submitted it, please email WhenWorkWorks@shrm.org.