Community Partners are front and center of the When Work Works initiative. As the major outreach arm of the project, they connect community leaders from business, media and government to create change and make the community case for effective and flexible workplaces.
Since its inception in 2003, When Work Works has partnered with an ever-expanding cohort of communities from around the country to:
- share rigorous research and employer best practices on workplace effectiveness and flexibility;
- inspire local employers to create more flexible and effective workplaces to benefit both business and employees; and
- recognize exemplary employers through the When Work Works Award and local community events.
To view the interactive map of where our partners are listed click here.
The current list of When Work Works community partners are:
- Statewide: Arizona SHRM
- Statewide: Arkansas SHRM State Council, Inc.
- Statewide: California State Council of SHRM (CalSHRM)
- Statewide: SHRM Colorado State Council
- Atlanta, GA: SHRM Atlanta
- Statewide: SHRM Hawaii
- Statewide: Illinois State Council of SHRM
- Statewide: Maryland SHRM State Council
- Statewide: Michigan Council of SHRM
- Statewide: Diversity Workforce Coalition (DWC)
- Morris County, NJ: Morris County Chamber of Commerce
- Statewide excluding Morris County, NJ: Garden State Council SHRM
- Statewide: SHRM New Mexico
- Long Island, NY: National Association of Mothers’ Centers
- Statewide: North Carolina SHRM
- Statewide: Rhode Island SHRM
- Statewide: South Carolina SHRM State Council
- Salt Lake City, UT: Salt Lake SHRM
- Vancouver/Longview: SW Washington SHRM
- Statewide excluding Spokane and Vancouver/Longview: Washington State Human Resources Council
- Statewide: Wisconsin State Council SHRM